- There are a lot of other activities involved in rescuing working dogs, other than foster caring.
- If you feel you can assist with any or all of below, please fill out a WBR Volunteer Form
WBR appreciates help in any of the following activities:
- House checks for prospective foster carers and adopters of WBR dogs. WBR conducts house checks to ensure the yard is suitable for our dogs and provide suggestions and support for carers and adopters.
- Collecting donated items and delivering to foster carers.
- Providing temporary care. Sometimes a dog may require care for a short time, for example, while it waits for transport, veterinary treatment or a foster carer to become available. This is an ideal opportunity for carers to look after a WBR dog for a set period if they cannot commit to fostering.
- Helping at events. WBR often participates in events and appreciates any extra hands. Many foster carers have more than one dog and an extra person means we can take more dogs along to meet prospective adopters at events.
- Administration. Do you have a passion for paperwork? Well, that might be going a bit far, but assistance with the administrative and reporting side of rescue is appreciated.